A Blood Sugar Balanced Breakfast Bowl
A Blood Sugar Balanced Breakfast Bowl, that satisfies sweet cravings, is protein packed and sets the tone for steady blood sugar levels all day.
Berry Balanced Bowl
- Greek Yogurt of your choice. I use organic sheep’s milk, feel free to use high quality dairy or for dairy free use coconut.
- Wild Blueberries. Why wild? Because they have a higher antioxidant capacity, more fibre, less sugar, more iron, more manganese, and a more intense concentration of bioactive plant compounds than ordinary blueberries do.
- Pumpkin seed butter. A great source of antioxidants, magnesium, zinc, and unsaturated fats, packed with protein and easier to digest than using the seed itself. You can also use tahini here!
- Raw Cacao Nibs. The chocolatey flavour, with no added sugar! Curbs sugar cravings and rich in antioxidants that help reduce cell damage in your body.
- Cinnamon. My favourite spice and superfood. Cinnamon is a natural anti inflammatory and makes any dish taste like a treat. Cinnamon has been shown to significantly increase sensitivity to the hormone insulin, which improves blood sugar control.
In a bowl add the yogurt, followed by the wild blueberries (frozen makes a kind of ice cream consistency!) Top with a generous drizzle of pumpkin seed butter, a handful of cacao nibs and a sprinkling of cinnamon.
There you have it a balanced bowl with plenty of protein, antioxidants, nutrients and minerals to keep you satisfied and blood sugar steady.
Categorised in: Recipes
This post was written by Amelia Crossley